Are Massage Guns Good For Achilles Tendonitis (Answered)
When your Achilles tendon is overworked too hard, then Achilles tendonitis is likely to occur. This painful condition can develop suddenly or slowly over many weeks.
So Are Massage Guns Good For Achilles Tendonitis
Yes, massage guns can help reduce the pains that come with Achilles tendonitis. Furthermore, percussion massage tools can help to speed up the healing process.
What’s Achilles Tendonitis
The biggest tendon in your whole body is the Achilles tendon. And this tendon plays a vital role in ankle mobility and range of motion.
It is common to see issues related to Achilles tendonitis.
Excessive use or sudden jumps in your workout routine can result in a micro tear, which, over time, can cause inflammation (the classic Achilles tendonitis).
Furthermore, high loading or sudden movements can also lead to tendon rupture or tearing, both of which are very severe cases.
The following signs mentioned below shows that your Achilles may be inflamed:
- Pain above your heel, especially when you stand on your toes or stretch your ankle
- The affected region may be stiff, swollen, and tender
- You may experience bruising and popping or snapping noise
Achilles tendon problems are common in people who indulge in activities where they quickly pivot, slow down, or speed up, such as:
Also Read: Can A Massage Gun Help With Arthritis? (Answered)
Massage Gun For Achilles Tendonitis (My Recommendation)
We have different massage guns and theragun brands available in the market today. But, unfortunately, some are very expensive to purchase.
Furthermore, others are cheap but may not have specific features that make a massage gun much more effective and user-friendly.
That’s why I recommend the Opove M3 Pro Massage Gun to help with your Achilles problems. The Opove M3 Pro is budget-friendly, easy to use, and effectively reduces pains associated with Achilles tendonitis.
This device also has a good battery life, sleek design, and features that you will usually find on other high-end and expensive recovery tools like the theragun.
Click here to read the Opove M3 Pro Massage Gun review if you wish to get further information about the product.
Also Read: Massage Gun: 9 Common Questions Answered
Things To Consider Before Buying A Massage Gun For Achilles Tendonitis
If you wish to get a massage gun to help with your Achilles tendonitis and other related issues, then ensure you consider the factors below:
- Power and speed: Choose the brand of massage gun which provide a wide range of power speed settings
- Portability: Ensure you go for smaller massage guns and lighter ones to enhance easy transportation.
- Battery Life: You must also consider buying a massage gun that can last longer
- Reviews: Review is one factor that can help you determine if the massage gun suits your needs. Always check out and read trusted reviews of each massage gun model.
- Design: Choosing a massage gun with an extended handle feature makes accessing difficult-to-reach body areas easy
- Warranty: You should buy a massage gun that comes with a warranty. That way, you can return the device if it comes or develops any fault. Always ensure you read the warranty terms.
When Should I Use A Massage Gun For Achilles Tendonitis?
In some cases, using a massage gun may not be the best treatment for issues related to your Achilles tendon. Hence you shouldn’t use a massage gun if you have a torn or ruptured Achilles tendon, or immediately after your injury.
Also, don’t use a massage gun if you suffer from the following chronic conditions below:
- Muscular dystrophy or other muscle disorders
- Rheumatoid arthritis and osteoarthritis
- Fibromyalgia or gout
- High blood pressure
- Severe varicose veins
- Peripheral artery disease
- Deep vein thrombosis or arteriosclerosis
- Osteoporosis (bone degeneration)
- Autoimmune conditions such as scleroderma lupus and multiple sclerosis
How Do You Fix Achilles Tendonitis?
Here are some ways to fix Achilles tendonitis:
- Massage therapy
- Reducing your physical activity.
- Using percussion massagers
- Stretching and later strengthening your calf muscles.
- Wearing a walking boot or a brace to prevent heel movement.
- Icing the affected area after a workout or when in pain.
- Switching to different and less strenuous sports activities.
Also Read: Can A Massage Gun Help With Neuropathy (Explained)
Frequently Asked Questions
Can I Use Theragun For Tendonitis?
Yes, you can use theragun for your Achilles tendonitis. Besides, the theragun is just as effective as a deep tissue massage.
Is It Good To Massage Your Achilles?
Yes, it’s good to massage your Achilles. Also, you can get a massage gun or a foot massager to help with your Achilles tendonitis. These options are as effective as massage therapy.
Does Achilles Tendonitis Ever Heal?
Yes, Achilles tendonitis gets healed with proper treatment and care. Unfortunately, the healing process could be lengthy (anywhere from a few weeks to months). However, once your Achilles tendon heals, you can get back to participating in sports and other related activities.
Achilles tendonitis usually develops due to an overuse injury. Massage therapy or percussion massagers are effective treatment options for Achilles tendonitis.
More importantly, I suggest you consult your doctor before you begin using a massage gun for the treatment of your Achilles tendonitis.
Lastly, once your doctor clears you, I recommend you go for the Opove M3 Pro Massage Gun.
Disclaimer:The information contained in this article is a result of in-depth research on the subject matter. This article is only for informational and educational purposes, and it’s not intended as medical or health advice. Hence, I suggest you always ensure to seek the opinion of your doctor or other qualified health personnel regarding any questions that relate to health objectives or medical conditions.
Best Achilles Tendon Massages for Pain Relief