Best Massage Gun For Sciatica (2022)
Many people probably haven’t heard about sciatica. It’s an unbearable condition that could steal your happiness and time if you don’t treat it well.
Besides, being afflicted with this dreaded disease is a terrible thing. The pains and stress you deal with could become unbearable.
Fortunately, treatments are available to help fix this condition, including medication, yoga, and massage therapy. Using all the treatments mentioned above will not automatically improve your condition.
This article discusses and reviews some of the best massage guns for sciatica available in today’s market.
Also Read:OPOVE M3 Pro Massage Gun Review: Why It’s Worth The Hype
5 Best Massage Guns For Sciatica Reviews
Research shows massage guns are helpful for those with sciatica and other related diseases. Therefore we recommend you use it to treat your sciatica pains.
After conducting in-depth research, we were able to draw up a comprehensive list of the best massage guns for sciatica available to buy.
Our Top Pick
#1. WASAGUN Professional Deep Tissue Muscle Massager Gun
The WASAGUN Massage Gun features four heads. Flathead: for any parts of the body; Forkhead: for the spine and neck; Roundhead: for a large muscle group and Bullethead: for joints. The massage gun has a built-in large capacity of about 2550mAh lithium battery which guarantees a long battery life.
Also, the WASAGUN Massage Gun has a 15° Perfect Design which reduces heat during use. This function also improves performance and high-efficiency thermal ventilation. The massager is ideal for runners, swimmers, rock climbers, hiking, and fitness instructors. We recommend this tool because it’s well known for accelerating recovery.
- LED Battery Indicator
- Built-in AI smart Chip
- Brushless Silent Motor
- Adjustable Speed
- Ultra-Silent Function
- LED battery indicator
- The device comes with an upgraded multipurpose carrying bag, which makes it easy to carry around.
- You can adjust it to different areas of your body, and it’s suitable for single-handed operation with a comfortable grip.
- This percussive device is not only portable, but it also has good battery life.
- It features a robust motor that enables the device to deliver high-penetration vibrations.
Cons: This massage gun is not HSA eligible
#2. Ekrin Athletics B37 Massage Gun
The B37 Percussion Massager is a top-class device that is known to speed up muscle recovery. When you use this massage gun, you will observe differences in your movements and your overall well-being. The Ekrin Athletics B37 Massager is perfectly weighted and ergonomically satisfying.
Hence you can use it to treat any part of your body with reach, power, and maximum leverage. Additionally, using this device on yourself for 30 seconds activates and energizes your body. This allows your muscles to maximize workouts and performance. The amplitude for this massage gun is 12mm.
- Quiet Glide Noise Reduction Technology
- 5 Optimized speeds
- Interchangeable Massage heads
- This Ekrin Athletics massager delivers percussion and powerful vibration in a noiseless way.
- This massage gun comes standard with a two-year warranty.
- The shape of the massage gun handle will allow you to reach even the hardest-to-reach spots on your back by yourself.
- The device has a premium feel and an excellent battery life.
- The product is quite expensive
- It could be hard to turn back on.
#3. RENPHO Handheld Portable Electric Body Massager
The RENPHO Electric Percussion Massager is around the size of a smartphone. It weighs about 0.45 kg, making it convenient for you to put it in your pocket and carry it around. This portable device is made from high-quality materials, which gives it a stylish look.
Plus, it has a powerful motor and an excellent battery life. You can use the RENPHO Electric Percussion Massager at any time of the day, whether it’s after workouts or after office hours. It doesn’t matter if you have sciatica pains, joint aches, or you wish to speed up your muscle recovery after tedious training.
The RENPHO Electric Percussion Massager got you covered. Another thing about this percussive device is that it doesn’t overheat due to its automatic shut-off feature.
- Automatic Shut-off
- 5 Speed Levels
- Noise Reduction Technology
- High-Speed Ventilation
- This massage gun is of high quality, and you can use it with ease on your shoulder, neck, and other parts of your body.
- This massage gun is affordable, portable, and robustly powered.
- Its durability and excellent battery life make the device a workhorse.
- Given all its excellent features, the RENPHO Electric Percussion Massager is a good value for money.
- The device doesn’t work well with USB-C *fast* charger.
#4. BOB AND BRAD Q2 Mini Massage Gun
The Q2 MINI can fit into your pocket and offer the highest quality treatments for muscle with unmatched portability. The compact yet powerful device can be used anywhere and at any time.
Bob Schrupp and Brad Heineck ( both renowned physiotherapists) developed and recommended the Q2 MINI massage gun.
The device offers quick pain relief and relaxation that fits comfortably in your backpack. Furthermore, it’s not only well designed, but it also provides maximum ergonomic comfort.
- Brushless Motor
- 5 Adjustable Speeds
- Automatic Shut-off
- The massage gun comes with a 2500mAh rechargeable lithium-ion battery which gives it long battery life.
- It’s not only affordable, but it’s also convenient to carry about due to its portability.
- You can charge the Q2 MINI massager with USB-C using the 5V/2A adapter or regular phone adapter.
- Despite its mini size, the Q2 MINI massage gun is solid and robust. Also, it’s easy to use
- You cannot turn on the massager when it’s charging.
#5. Youdgee Massage Gun
The Youdgee Massage Gun is the perfect solution for pain relief, muscle soreness, and recovery. It also helps to promote blood flow and body relaxation. It doesn’t matter whether you are just suffering from sciatica or need it to recover after intense workouts; this massage gun will satisfy all your needs.
The Youdgee Massager comes with six variable speeds and five massage heads. The five massage heads will help you relax all your body, while the six variable speeds allow you to adjust the pressure to satisfy your needs.
- Digital Battery Indicator
- Brushless Motor
- Lithium Battery
- Interchangeable Massage Heads
- The device has noise reduction technology, which allows it to provide a quiet and intense massage.
- The Youdgee Massager has a lightweight design and also comes with a carrying case. Hence it’s convenient for you to carry around.
- The massager features a 2500mAh lithium-ion rechargeable battery used for about five massage hours in full-charge condition.
- It’s easy to use and maintain this massage gun. Plus, the device has an excellent user experience.
- You can get this massage gun at a low price.
- Some users complain about the on and off button
- It usually has a lot of charging issues.
Buyer’s Guide: 6 Things To Consider Before You Purchase A Massage Gun For Sciatica
A massage gun is not just some inexpensive gizmo. Hence you look out for certain things before you decide to spend your hard-earned cash on them. Below are a few things to look for before you buy a massage gun:
- Features: it’s noteworthy to mention the number of features a massage gun has directly affected the effectiveness of the therapy. For instance, a massage gun that comes with adjustable speed settings will allow you to adjust the speed to suit your needs. Hence you are more likely to attain your goal.
- One-Person/Two-Person: Some massage guns are bulky or heavy. Hence it may require the assistance of another person for you to use it. On the other hand, some are small and don’t require someone to help you move them along your body. Let’s say you travel a lot; then the latter would best suit your needs.
- Design: Most people are usually carried away by product design and beauty. However, in the case of a massage gun, you should be most concerned about its ergonomic design. This feature makes it easy to hold and use the device. Besides, having an ergonomic design makes it comfortable and convenient for you to operate.
- Weight: Many people don’t know that heavier massage guns apply more intense pressure. Meanwhile, the maneuverability of lightweight models is high. This makes it easy for it to reach specific areas of your body.
- Materials: Massage guns that are made from high-quality materials(i.e., aluminum and stainless steel) tend to last longer than those made from inferior materials. Also, high-quality materials can withstand high temperatures just in case the device overheats.
- The Number Of Heads: The more heads a unit has, the better. But if you decide to treat only a single spot, a single head massage gun will be suitable for you.
Also Read: OPOVE M3 Pro Massage Gun Review: Why It’s Worth The Hype
Frequently Asked Questions
Which Massage Gun Is Best For Sciatica?
The Urikar Pro 2 Heated Muscle heated massager is the best massage gun for Sciatica. Our research found that this massager can help people with sciatica by relieving their pain, promoting blood flow, and reducing tension. Furthermore, the percussive motion of the Urikar Pro 2 Heated Muscle heated massager can ease your muscles surrounding the sciatic nerve.
What Is The Best Massage Gun For The Money?
They’re many Massage guns that offer good value for their money. However, based on our research for this article, we would recommend you try the following:
- The RENPHO Electric Percussion Massager
- Bob And Brad Q2 MINI Massage Gun
- The Youdgee Massage Gun
Are Massage Machines Good For Sciatica?
According to research conducted in 2014, it was found that deep tissue massage is very effective for the treatment of low back pain, which is considered a sciatica symptom.
What Should I Avoid If I Have Sciatica?
If you’re suffering from sciatica, then you should avoid eating foods that contain partially hydrogenated oil, sunflower oil, sesame oil, margarine, and corn oil. Also, avoid stressor foods like processed food, caffeine, soda, chocolate, and refined sugars.
How Long Does Sciatica Last On Average?
Sciatica can be chronic or acute. Studies show chronic episodes last longer than one month. And this usually requires urgent medical attention. On the other hand, acute sciatica can last anywhere between one to two weeks. This episode usually resolves itself within a few weeks.
What Triggers Sciatica?
Inflammation, irritation, herniated or slipped disk pinching, or compression of a nerve in the lower back are the primary things that trigger sciatic pains. The good news is many people with sciatica get better on their own with time, a good diet, and conservative treatments like massage gun therapy.
Can Massage Make Sciatica Pain Worse?
Since the pressure on the vertebrae and irritation of the sciatic nerve can cause sciatica, massage therapy can worsen the condition if you visit an inexperienced doctor. However, suppose you are getting massage treatment from a competent and experienced therapist. In that case, the chances are likely that your symptoms will improve and that you will experience less pain.
How Do I Know If I Have Sciatica Or Piriformis?
In sciatica, leg pain is usually more common than lower back pain and can even affect your toes. Your affected leg can also feel heavy. With piriformis syndrome, buttock and hip pain usually occurs more than lower back pain.
How Should I Lay With Sciatica?
First, lie on your back, then keep your heels and buttocks in contact with the bed. Ensure you slightly bend your knees towards the ceiling. Then you put a pillow under your knees and add extra pillows slowly until you find a convenient position for your knees and lower back.
Does Walking Help Sciatica?
Yes, walking is effective in relieving sciatic pain. This is because regular walking causes the release of pain-relieving endorphins and also alleviates inflammation. But then you must understand that a bad walking position or posture can aggravate the condition.
What Are The 4 Types Of Sciatica?
There are four types of sciatica, and they’re as follows;
- Acute sciatica
- Chronic sciatica
- Alternating sciatica
- Bilateral sciatica
Can Sciatica Be Cured?
It’s estimated that between 90 to 95 percent of sciatica cases are treated successfully with time and nonsurgical procedures like massage therapy. However, if the condition persists after using these treatments, then surgical treatments may be considered.
All the reviewed products are the best massagers for sciatica. But the list wouldn’t be complete without including The WASAGUN Massage Gun. It is the best of them all, especially when it comes to choosing the best technology-oriented massager to treat sciatica.
When it comes to the best durable, we recommend trying The B37 Percussion Massager because these devices are durable, efficient, and long-lasting.
Finally, we recommend you go for The RENPHO Electric Percussion Massager for budget-friendly users, as it performs a decent job.
Disclaimer: The information contained in this article is a result of in-depth research on the subject matter. This article is only for informational and educational purposes, and it’s not intended as medical or health advice. Hence, I suggest you always ensure to seek the opinion of your doctor or other qualified health personnel regarding any questions that relate to health objectives or medical conditions.