Neuropathy can cause severe issues in your health if you don’t attend to it quickly. Massage is one treatment that can help to prevent further damage to your nerves.
So what about if you can’t afford massage therapy because it’s expensive?
Fortunately, you don’t have to worry because a massage gun like the Opove M3 Pro is there to take care of all your massaging needs.
Can A Massage Gun Help With Neuropathy
Yes, massage guns can help with Neuropathy by relaxing the nerves responsible for complications like burning, tingling, and numbness. This discomfort is significantly reduced when you use a massage gun on the affected areas regularly.
- What is Peripheral Neuropathy
- How To Choose a Massage Gun For Neuropathy
- Massage Gun for Neuropathy (My Recommendation)
- The Risks of Using Massage Guns for Neuropathy
- Symptoms Of Neuropathy
- Causes Of Neuropathy
- Frequently Asked Questions
- Final Words
What is Peripheral Neuropathy
Peripheral Neuropathy is a condition caused by diseased or damaged nerves that carry information from the brain and spinal cord to the body’s muscles, skin, and internal organs.
Over 3 million new peripheral neuropathy cases are identified each year in the United States. Unfortunately, there is no cure for this condition. But some treatments are available, which may help.
How To Choose a Massage Gun For Neuropathy
If you wish to get a massage gun to help with your neuropathy issues, then ensure to consider the following:
- Portability: Ensure you go for smaller massage guns and lighter ones to enhance easy transportation.
- Power and speed: Choose the brand of massage gun which provide a wide range of power speed settings
- Design: Choosing a massage gun with an extended handle feature makes accessing difficult-to-reach body areas easy
- Battery Life: You must also consider buying a massage gun that can last longer
- Warranty: You should buy a massage gun that comes with a warranty. That way, you can return the device if it comes or develops any faults. Always ensure you read the warranty terms.
- Reviews: Review is one factor that can help you determine if the massage gun suits your needs. Always check out and read trusted reviews of each massage gun model.
Massage Gun for Neuropathy (My Recommendation)
There are various models of massage guns and theragun available in the market today. Unfortunately, some are high-end devices that are very expensive to purchase.
Furthermore, others are cheap but do not have specific features that make a massage gun much more effective and user-friendly.
That’s why I recommend the Opove M3 Pro Massage Gun to help with your neuropathy challenge. The Opove M3 Pro is budget-friendly, easy to use, and effective for the treatment of peripheral neuropathy.
This device also has a good battery life, sleek design, and features that you will usually find on other high-end and expensive tools, the theragun.
If you are interested in getting further details about the Opove M3 Pro, click here to read my review of the product.
The Risks of Using Massage Guns for Neuropathy
Misusing a massage gun to treat Neuropathy can cause more harm than good.
Here are the following things massage gun will do to you if you don’t use the device correctly:
- It can injure your body.
- It can rupture your blood muscle and damage your muscles fiber
- It can cause nerve sensitivity
Nevertheless, you should follow the instructions below to reduce the chances of damaging your body when using the massage gun:
- Avoid using the massage gun to over-massage one area of your body.
- Ensure always to start using the device on a slow setting
- Read the device manually and also adhere strictly to the manufacturer’s instructions.
- Be cautious when using massage guns around bony areas, torn ligaments, and Pulled muscles.
- Keep to maximum use of 120 seconds (2 minutes) on each of your muscle groups.
- Don’t use a Massage gun on musculoskeletal injuries such as strains and sprains.
- Lastly, avoid using a massage gun on bruises or open wounds.
Note: kindly seek your doctor’s opinion before using the massage gun if you have deep vein thrombosis (DVT) or when you’re pregnant
Symptoms Of Neuropathy
The symptoms of Neuropathy vary due to the type of nerves affected. Nevertheless, mentioned below are some signs of this condition:
- Bowel and bladder problems
- Extreme skin sensitivity
- Numbness or tingling
- Sharp pain
- Muscle weakness
- Heat intolerance
- Changes in blood pressure
- Loss of coordination
- Tingling sensations in hands or feet that move to the arm or legs
Causes Of Neuropathy
Mentioned below are some things that can cause neuropathy:
- Autoimmune diseases
- Kidney failure
- Hereditary disorders
- Trauma or pressure
- Vitamin deficiencies
Frequently Asked Questions
Is a massage gun good for Neuropathy?
Yes, a Massage gun is suitable for Neuropathy. However, before you use it, ensure to seek your doctor’s consent, especially if you are suffering from underlying health issues.
How Often to Use a Massage Gun
Massage guns can be used safely every day if the correct techniques are applied and the recommended usage time by the manufacturer is not exceeded. The good news is that most massage guns come with a user manual that provides instructions on how long you should use the tool per a given session.
Do Massagers help Neuropathy?
Yes, massagers can help with Neuropathy. This device will help you relax your body and remove stress from nerves that are causing numbness, burning, and tingling. In addition, massage guns can be used to apply less pressure on your nerves, thereby alleviating your discomfort.
Neuropathy is a health challenge that has no cure. However, there are various treatment options, like massage guns, that can manage the condition.
It’s good to read the manufacturer’s instructions to get the best out of your massage gun device. Also, if you have other serious health issues, consult your doctor before getting a massage gun.
Lastly, even though there are other effective massage gun brands, I recommend you use the Opove M3 Pro Massage Gun because it’s a device I have used personally.
Read this review of the Opove M3 Pro Massage Gun for further details about the device.
Disclaimer: The information contained in this article is a result of in-depth research on the subject matter. This article is only for informational and educational purposes, and it’s not intended as medical or health advice. Hence, I suggest you always ensure to seek the opinion of your doctor or other qualified health personnel regarding any questions that relate to health objectives or medical conditions.