Can I Use A Massage Gun on Pulled Muscle (Answered)
Muscles respond well to percussion massage therapy. Because the benefits of percussion massage can be so noticeable, it’s natural to believe that more percussive treatment is always better.
As a result, some people believe that percussion massage is an effective treatment for pulled muscles.
So Can I Use A Massage Gun on Pulled Muscle
Using a massage gun on areas around the pulled muscle is safe. But you must avoid applying direct, repetitive force to a pulled muscle or sprain. Not only will it hurt, but you risk exacerbating your injuries and prolonging your recovery time.
What Is A Pulled Muscle
A Pulled muscle or muscular strain occurs when a muscle is overstretched or torn. Muscle weariness, overuse, or incorrect use are the most common causes of pulled or strained muscle.
Strains can affect any muscle, but they are most common in the shoulder, lower back, thigh, and neck. These strains can make the affected muscle area uncomfortable and limit movement.
When treated at home, mild to severe strains react well to ice, heat, and anti-inflammatory medicines. Severe strains or tears may necessitate medical attention.
Also Read:Can Massage Guns Help With Tight Hamstrings (Answered)
How Can A Massage Gun Be Used On Pulled Muscle
Massage guns can be used to reduce muscle strain, tension, and discomfort and promote blood flow, mobility, and recovery time.
Here are some simple instructions for using a massage gun to treat a pulled muscle.
- Ensure the massage gun is turned on before putting it in your body: Turning the pistol on while it’s in contact with your body could result in bruising.
- Begin at the lowest feasible speed: Starting on high can be excruciating until you’ve established your pain threshold. Keep in mind that micro-tears or inflammatory responses can cause muscular soreness. Pounding the muscles into submitting could do more harm than help. More is not always better.
- The massage gun should “float” across the muscles at whatever pace you’re using: It is not required to apply excessive downward pressure to the body with the massage head; instead, mild to moderate pressure is preferable. As you slide the massage pistol over the problem areas, let it do the work.
- Do not forget to Unwind: You purchased a massage gun to ease muscle tension, not aggravate it. You aren’t getting the full advantage of the instrument if you are too stiff and stretching the muscle while going over it. Inhale and exhale while moving the massage gun slowly across the muscle.
Symptoms Of A Pulled Muscle
Depending on the degree of the damage, signs, and symptoms may include:
- Tenderness or discomfort
- Bruise or redness
- Limited movement
- Spasms in muscles
- Muscular atrophy
- Muscle inflammation
- Hearing a pop sound during the accident
Causes Of A Pulled Muscle
When a muscle is overworked, stretched, twisted, or torn, it is called a pulled muscle. Chronic or acute complications may result, depending on the circumstances.
Over time, chronic muscle strains and pulls form. They’re known as repetitive strain injuries, and they happen when a muscle or muscle group is overused repeatedly.
Small tensions accumulate over time when the same muscles are repeatedly used in the same fashion. This wears down the muscle, resulting in a strain.
Here are some other causes:
- Failing to warm up before engaging in physical activity adequately.
- Inadequate adaptability
- Unsuitable climate
- Weariness and overworking
- Pulling with your back instead of your legs is an example of bad body mechanics. A strained back muscle can arise from this.
- Shoes and other athletic equipment that don’t fit right
- Lack of variety in activities, such as doing the same exercises every time, in the same manner.
Poor posture puts strain on muscles that aren’t designed to support it. One example is poor sports technique, such as gripping a golf club or tennis racket too strongly regularly.
Also Read:Can A Massage Gun Help With Neuropathy (Explained)
Factors to Consider Before Buying a Massage Gun
Here are some pointers on essential things to think about when looking for a massage gun:
#1. The Weight Of The Massage Gun
When choosing the correct massage pistol, it’s essential to think about the weight because you’ll be using it for a long time and want to be comfortable. Compare different models before purchasing the best massage gun for your needs.
Choose a lightweight model because you will feel more comfortable using it for more extended periods. You may easily carry a portable and smaller massage gun with you if you choose a smaller type.
#2. The Amplitude
The amplitude of a massage cannon relates to the distance the massage head travels and the amount of oscillation and vibration it creates. A massage pistol with a large head and a high amplitude will undoubtedly reach deeper.
Massage guns with increasing frequencies are perfect for deep percussion massages. Massage is a very direct opinion, and different forms of massages appeal to different people. Certain people prefer deep massages, while others prefer gentle massages.
#3. The Warranty
When looking for a good massage gun, it’s essential to look at the many models on the market. The most expensive brands do not always imply the highest level of quality. Take a look at the warranty before you buy a massage gun.
Massage guns from reputable suppliers come with a one-year warranty. Furthermore, it is critical to read customer reviews to learn what other consumers say about their massage gun experiences. This will give you more assurance in purchasing the product.
Tips To Prevent Pulled Muscle
Mentioned below are tips to help prevent the occurrence of a pulled muscle:
- Avoid sitting in the same position for an extended period. Change positions and move around a lot.
- Use a pillow or a chair that provides adequate support for your lower back.
- Make an effort to keep your knees and hips level.
- Maintain appropriate posture while standing and sitting.
- If you spend a lot of time in one position, change it up by putting one foot on a low footstool and then the other. This can help to relieve back muscle tension.
- To avoid falling, take precautions such as clutching stair railings, avoiding slippery areas, and keeping your floors clear.
- If you are overweight, you must shed pounds.
- Put on comfortable shoes.
Also Read:How Does A Massage Gun Help Sore Muscles? (Explained)
Pulled muscles can be modest to severe. Using a massager on a pulled muscle could help you recuperate back to your prior fitness level. However, if the discomfort becomes more severe or interferes with your daily routine, you should seek medical help.
Disclaimer: The information contained in this article is a result of in-depth research on the subject matter. This article is only for informational and educational purposes, and it’s not intended as medical or health advice. Hence, I suggest you always ensure to seek the opinion of your doctor or other qualified health personnel regarding any questions that relate to health objectives or medical conditions.