Pain may occur as a result of skin tightness from scar tissues. You can take care of your scar tissue using various treatment options, including the massage gun.
So Can A Massage Gun Help With Scar Tissue
Yes, a massage gun can help with scar tissue. This percussion device is designed for muscular and tissue recovery. Furthermore, a massage gun like the Opove M3 Pro can help to break down your scar tissues. Always seek your doctor’s advice if you have any doubt about using the massage gun.
What Is Scar Tissue?
The area of the body that enables a natural response to damage is known as scar tissue. Your body grows scar tissue to heal wounds from sore, burn, cut, and surgical incision.
Scar tissue can be external, and its structure will be different from the skin.
It can also be inside your body. For instance, a person who undergoes knee replacement surgery can develop internal scar tissues.
Can Massage Guns Break Up Scar Tissue?
Yes, Massage guns can break up Scar tissue and reduce the pains associated with skin tightness due to Scar tissue.
Using the correct type of massage gun is vital to getting the best results possible. Conversely, the wrong Massage device could cause more harm than good.
Hence I recommend you use the Opove M3 Pro Massage Gun because it’s a personally tested device. And I find this fantastic tool useful after a workout to treat my tired muscles and speed my recovery process.
The Opove M3 Pro is commonly used by both amateur and professional athletes. The tool utilizes percussive therapy. Hence it oscillates to and fro, exerting mechanical pressure that can go deep into your tissues.
Research shows that the Opove M3 Pro is effective for massaging scars after injury or surgery. Also, the device breaks down scar tissue and treats the affected part by a process called mechanotransduction.
This involved inducing cellular response by the massage mechanical stimuli, leading to remodeling of the scar structure.
What Are The Benefits Of Using A Massage Gun On Scar Tissue
Using a massage gun like the Opove M3 Pro correctly on your scar tissue provide the following benefits:
- It can help to loosen your scar. Hence your scar won’t stick so firmly to the tissues around or beneath it
- It can promote blood circulation, which promotes the reduction of inflammation and draining of excess fluids.
- It makes the scar tissue malleable and much softer.
- It may help to reduce sensations of pain, itching, and hypersensitivity.
- It can improve the scar appearance and reduce the accumulation of scar tissues
- It can break down scar tissue, flatten certain bulky scars and prevent the scar from getting bulky
At-Home Treatments For Scars Tissue
Aside, using massage guns, other treatment options are available to manage or treat scar tissue pain and quicken scar healing.
These alternatives can be done in the comfort of your house, but you need to use these techniques consistently to be effective.
Some of the effective options for the treatment of scars include the following:
- Massage: Applying massage on a scar towards the direction of the scar for at least 10 minutes twice a day can reduce sensitivity. If the scar is a place that is not easy for a person to reach, then you need a massage therapist to help you out.
- Moisturizer: Applying moisturizer like shea or cocoa butter can soften the skin, which sometimes helps reduce the discomfort associated with scar tissue. Medical professionals recommend that using moisturizers that contain fragrances; perfumes should be avoided.
- Exercise Programs: A well-planned exercise regimen can help decrease the stiffness of your joints due to scar tissue. The exercises program that suits you may depend on the scar location.
- Vibration: Utilizing vibration tools, such as electronic massagers can desensitize your nerves and reduce pain. But ensure you use this alternative regularly for an extended period to get positive results.
How Do You Massage A Scar Tissue To Break It Down?
To massage your scar tissue to break it down, ensure you do the following:
- Ensure you apply the massage in a counter-clockwise direction to allow the draining of excess fluids from that region
- Then stretch the skin away from around your scar, and repeat the massage using your finger or thumb in a circular motion.
- Lastly, slowly slide your finger over the scar while applying pressure.
Frequently Asked Questions
Does Theragun break up scar tissue?
Yes, Theragun is designed to break down scar tissue effectively. Hence, this device helps alleviate pain, improve mobility and flexibility, and speed up recovery.
Will a massage gun help break down scar tissue?
Yes, a massage gun can help break down tissue. I recommend you use the Opove M3 Pro for this purpose. Click here to read my review of this device.
Can scar tissue be broken up?
Yes, the good thing about scar tissue is that it’s easy to break it up using the correct technique. A massage gun is an effective device that will help to break scar tissue.
Scar tissue is something that comes up after experiencing an injury. This scar can be formed on the outside of your skin or the inside of your body.
Furthermore, scar tissue can affect your range of motion and cause tightness, itching, and even pains for some people. And using the massage gun or theragun can go a long way in reducing these symptoms.
Click here to read my review of the Opove M3 Pro Massage Gun.
Lastly, it’s also essential you seek urgent medical advice when any of these symptoms persist for a very long time.
Disclaimer: The information contained in this article is a result of in-depth research on the subject matter. This article is only for informational and educational purposes, and it’s not intended as medical or health advice. Hence, I suggest you always ensure to seek the opinion of your doctor or other qualified health personnel regarding any questions that relate to health objectives or medical conditions.