Does a massage gun help with weight loss?
This a popular question on the internet space today.
However, the answer is Yes! A massage gun can help with weight loss. Nowadays, many people with obesity now incorporate this technique into their weight loss plan because it’s useful.
Besides, many weight-loss experts recommend massage guns to help lose the extra fats underneath your skin and give you a trim look!
This article shows how a massage gun can break up fat and other relevant details.
- So Can A Massage Gun Break Up Fat?
- Does Massage Gun Work On Stomach Fats?
- Massage Gun For Weight Loss (My Recommendation)
- Where Should You Not Use A Massage Gun?
- What Are Massage Gun Benefits?
- What Are Massage Gun Disadvantages?
- FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
- Final Words
So Can A Massage Gun Break Up Fat?
Yes, a massage gun, through its rippling vibration transmissions, helps boost your metabolism, which invariably results in the breakdown of calories.
In most gyms, you see massage guns used after a workout.
This gadget breaks fats down through its head that transmits a hot and cold kind of pounding, which generates an immediate muscle domino effect, a process called PERCUSSION THERAPY.
Now, you are deliberating if they help with weight loss?
Never forget that the breakdown of calories leads to weight loss because the fewer calories, the lesser the weight gain.
It’s also important to note that only massage guns can’t help you lose weight. You need additional exercises and weight-loss diets to speed up the process.
Does Massage Gun Work On Stomach Fats?
A recent study shows that massage guns can help shrink stomach fats but only when used with other effective weight loss methods like dieting and regular exercise.
A type of activity found to burn stomach fats when combined with a massage gun effectively is aerobic exercise.
Aerobic exercises are oxygen-based exercises where your heart rate and breathing rate increase as you perform cardiovascular activities.
Some cardiovascular activities performed during aerobic exercise include swimming, cycling, running, and walking.
When combined with a massage gun, aerobic exercise is recommended when trying to burn belly fat because of its ability to burst energy over a long period, unlike the anaerobic that breaks down calories within a short period.
Massage Gun For Weight Loss (My Recommendation)
We have different massage guns and theragun brands available in the market today. But, unfortunately, some are very expensive to purchase.
Furthermore, others are cheap but may not have specific features that make a massage gun much more effective and user-friendly.
I recommend the Opove M3 Pro Massage Gun for weight loss because it’s budget-friendly, easy to use, and effective.
This device also has a good battery life, a sleek design, and features that you will usually find on other high-end and expensive recovery tools like the theragun.
Click here to read the Opove M3 Pro Massage Gun review if you wish to get further information about the product.
Where Should You Not Use A Massage Gun?
Massage Guns are ideal for specific body parts such as the feet, the arm, the back, the neck, and the shoulders.
These parts of the body have been termed safe for vibration therapy using a massage gun.
It’s essential to note that you can’t massage all body parts with a massage gun. Delicate parts, such as the scalp, are not to be rubbed with a vibrating device except at the prescription of a certified fitness doctor or expert.
Suppose you wish to have a vibration therapy run through your whole body. In that case, it’s advised that you use whole-body vibration therapy.
This type of treatment occurs in a vibration machine situated in a vibrating platform that spreads energy all over your body, causing your muscles to contract and relax while relieving you of soreness.
What Are Massage Gun Benefits?
Massage guns are useful in muscle therapy and weight loss. The most common and apparent benefits are pain relief and increased blood circulation.
Other benefits of massage gun include:
- Muscle Repair and Recovery: Massage guns help improve and fasten an injured muscle’s healing process through its deep tissue massage. The arteries surrounding the injured muscle get automated prompt pressure surges that increase blood circulation and invariably speed up the healing process.
- Improved Bone and Muscle Strength: Regular exercises, when combined with vibration therapy with a massage gun, enhance the strength of muscles and bone. The pressure induced by these two factors helps deepen actin and myosin contractions, a nerve-cell interaction needed to boost the muscle’s strength level.
- Soothing for Pain Relief: The pressure from the massage gun helps improve lymph circulation. The increase in lymph flow leads to enhanced usability of the lymphatic system. If the lymphatic circulation reduces, there’s a tendency that toxins will amass and cause severe muscle weakness, low energy, and pain. The effect of vibration therapy caused by massage guns is what reduces soreness and muscle rigidity.
- Gets Rid of Lactic Acid Excesses: The buildup of lactic acid or lactates in the bloodstream during exercises causes muscle stiffness experienced after a couple of days of workout. Massage gun helps break down lactic acid build-up in the muscle, releasing them to other adjacent tissues of the body, where they get eliminated from the system.
- Massage Guns are Convenient: These vibration devices are easy to move and handle while carrying out percussion therapy. You can use your massage gun anywhere and at any time, including offices and outdoor events. They are better alternatives to waiting for appointments with fitness experts when passing through muscle pains.
- Improved Sports Performance: Vibration therapy through massage guns effectively stretch muscle fibers and releases muscle tension. This, in turn, boosts the muscles’ flexibility, reducing cramps and giving athletes flexibility for sports activities.
- Low-cost: Massage guns are less expensive than engaging the services of a fitness expert, whose charges might be excessive depending on the number of sessions and training you would be having. Instead of many consultations and training at a classy gym house, you can procure any of the low-budget massage guns and completely eliminate your muscle pains.
What Are Massage Gun Disadvantages?
Like every other therapy, a massage gun has its disadvantages to the body and health. People who have diabetes and pregnant women are prone to suffer severe injuries from the high vibrations of massage guns.
It’s also noteworthy that you use some massage guns under the supervision of a professional fitness therapist.
Hence, every massage gun comes with its guidelines and directives. So ensure you use it correctly to avoid complications.
Furthermore, massage guns can be harmful when you have either strains, broken bones, inflammation injuries, or sprains. And the oscillating pressure from the device can worsen your situation.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
Where Should I Massage To Lose Weight?
I can apply pressure on various easy-to-massage points all over my body with my fingers to help me lose weight. Below are four pressure points that boost my body metabolism and also aid weight loss:
- Inner elbow
- Thumb point
- Ear point
- Upper lip
Can Vibration Burn Fat?
According to research, if you subject yourself to whole-body vibration for about 15 minutes daily and three times each week, you may quickly burn out your fat. This method also enhances flexibility, boosts blood flow, boosts energy, reduces muscle soreness, and lowers the stress hormone cortisol.
Can You Use a Massage Gun On the Head?
A massage gun is ideal on various body parts such as the legs, arm, back, and shoulder, but using it on the head – wouldn’t that be harmful? There are benefits to using a massage gun on your head to reduce stress and headaches, but before considering that, ensure to get a massage gun specifically earmarked for the head.
A few reasons you shouldn’t just use any type of massage gun on your head – most massage guns have been implicated in tremors and stroke cases and might cause it when used on the head. This is usually because of oscillation in the blood vessels surrounding the head and neck.
When Should You Use Massage Gun?
You should use massage guns only when you feel muscle discomfort, stiffness, or fatigue. Remember not to use them for long hours, as that might lead to injuries. Also, you can use this tool for weight loss. We recommend you try the Opove M3 Pro massage gun. Click here to read a review of this device.
With the above-enumerated benefits of massage guns, you can finally see that it’s an effective therapy for weight loss when combined with either dieting or regular exercise.
Never forget that achieving your weight loss objectives might require a little patience and consistency. There’s no shortcut to cutting down fats besides taking actionable steps such as dieting, regular exercises, and vibration therapy, as mentioned in this article.
Additionally, to avoid getting injured while using your massage gun, ensure to follow instructions as documented in your manual. When not sure of what the manual says, strive to employ a trained massage therapist’s services and let them walk you through the journey.
And when you are technically ready to carry out the procedures yourself, do it with utmost care!
Disclaimer: The information contained on this website results from in-depth research on various topics. The articles on this site are only for informational and educational purposes, and it’s not intended as medical or health advice. Hence, we suggest you always ensure to seek the opinion of your doctor or other qualified health personnel regarding any questions that relate to health objectives or medical conditions.