Can Massage Guns Help With Shin Splints (Answered)
Massage gun is based on percussive therapy, and it’s an effective treatment option to manage several health-related conditions like shin splints.
So Can Massage Guns Help With Shin Splints?
Yes, massage guns can help with shin splints. This device is an effective and helpful method to alleviate the pain by reducing tension, stress and damage caused.
What Are Shin Splints
Shin Splints result from the inflammation of tendons, bone tissue, and muscles around your shin. It also occurs when there is pain in your lower leg (front).
This condition commonly affects military recruits, dancers, runners, and gymnasts. The good news is that other treatments are available to heal or prevent Shin Splints from getting worse.
Below Are Some Symptoms Of Shin Splints:
- Dull or sharp, piercing pain in the front of the shin
- Pain in one or both of your legs
- Pain that worsens during and after the workout
- You experience pain when you push on your shins
- Legs may hurt when you are not standing or walking
ALSO READ: Can Massage Guns Be Harmful? Incl. 8 Things To Know
How Do A Massage Gun Help With Shin Splints?
Rhythmic oscillations produced by the massage gun define the mechanics of the percussive device. So when you use a massage gun to treat Shin Splints, its pressure motion goes deep into the tissues.
And the rhythmic excitations transfer reparative energy into the underlying fascia and muscle. The massage gun also provides rapid pressure bursts on the body’s muscle tissue as the weapon head swings back and forth.
Furthermore, I recommend you use the Opove M3 Pro Massage Gun for your Shin Splints issues. This device can help you manage this condition effectively. Besides, it’s safe and easy to use.
6 Advantages Of Massage Guns For Shin Splints
Massage Guns are super cheap when you compare them to other options available for the treatment of Shin Splints.
That aside, there are other benefits you enjoy when using the massage gun. Here are some of the advantages of massage gun for Shin Splints:
- Massage guns can help reduce muscle discomfort, swelling and even break down nerve loops that persist after intense workouts.
- Massage guns are used for Shin Splints to warm the muscles before strenuous exercise.
- Massage guns are easy to use. Also, the device is safe to use on human muscle or bone in any way. This is because the massage gun is designed to understand the pressure your muscles and tissue can withstand.
- Massage guns promote endurance, strength, kinesthetic sensitivity, mobility, and reduced muscle soreness.
- Massage guns are an affordable treatment option for Shin Splints. I recommend you use the Opove M3 Pro so you can get value for money.
- Massage gun treatment does not completely relieve you of your pain in front of the legs. However, it helps to promote blood circulation or flow to specific muscle tissue.
ALSO READ: Can Massage Guns Help With Cellulite? All You Need To Know Explained
What Are The Causes Of Shin Splints
Shin Splints occur from overusing your shin bone, tendons, and muscles due to increased training or too much activity.
Most times, the high-impact activity could include repetitive overloading of the lower legs. Little wonder, many gymnasts, runners, and dancers often suffer from Shin Splints.
Mentioned below are some activities that are known to cause shin splints:
- Indulging in a workout with many stops and starts, such as basketball, dancing, or military training.
- Going a longer distance and Increasing your exercise intensity
- Increasing the days of your workout routine
- If you are a new runner, running on hilly and hard surfaces puts you at greater risk of getting shin splints.
People that are most likely at risk for shin splints include the following:
- People who don’t wear proper shoes or footwear
- People with rigid foot arches or flat feet
- People who work out on hard surfaces. For instance, playing basketball or volleyball on a hard court and running on the street.
- Also, people who wear wrong or worn-out shoes.
How To Prevent Shin Splints
Mentioned below are effective ways to prevent shin splints from occurring or recurring:
- You should avoid overdoing your exercise routine
- It would help if you increased your training intensity slowly
- It would be best if you always stretched or warmed up before and after your workout
- Avoid training on hard surfaces and ensure to consider the surface before you train
- Make sure to apply ice on your shins after a workout. This help to decrease the swelling
- Always put on good shoes with proper padding and support
- It would help if you also incorporated low-impact exercises, such as biking or swimming.
- Always ensure you’re pain-free for at least two weeks before returning to your training or exercise routine.
When To Call The Doctor
Most times, the occurrence of shin splints is not life-threatening. However, it’s advisable to call your doctor if:
- You are not sure whether the pain is a result of shin splints.
- If you observe swelling in your lower legs getting worse.
- You experience it after many weeks, even with icing, pain relievers, and rest.
- You notice your shin is getting red, and it feels hot to the touch.
ALSO READ:Can A Massage Gun Help With Arthritis? (Answered)
There’s no doubt that a massage gun is effective for managing your Shin Splints. This device has many advantages that come with using it. It’s also super cheap when compared to getting a massage from a massage therapist.
In conclusion, I recommend using the Opove M3 Pro Massage Gun because it’s affordable to own.
In addition, this Massage device does not use much power or electricity. Furthermore, the Opove M3 is durable and lasts super long, saving you from buying those massage coupons!
Click here to read my review of the Opove M3 Pro Massage Gun.
Disclaimer: The information contained in this article is a result of in-depth research on the subject matter. This article is only for informational and educational purposes, and it’s not intended as medical or health advice. Hence, I suggest you always ensure to seek the opinion of your doctor or other qualified health personnel regarding any questions that relate to health objectives or medical conditions.
What is Shin Splints and what can you do about it?
How Massage Guns Can Help With Shin Splints
The RIGHT Way To Use A Massage Gun: Shin Splints Edition