Facial Massage is specifically designed for areas around the face, and its benefits are immense.
But then how often can you message your face to enjoy these benefits? The paragraph below provides the answer to the question mentioned above.
How Often Should You Massage Your Face
Massaging your face for about five minutes each day isn’t a bad idea. However, expert estheticians best recommend receiving a professional Massage 2-3 times a week or at least once a month.
How To Do Facial Massage: Beginners Guide
It would be best if you adhere to the tips below to prepare for facial Massage:
- Tie back your hair if it’s long, and then wash your hands thoroughly
- Make use of lukewarm water to wash your face and then pat dry.
- You should steam your face to allow for easy penetration of oils and also soften the pores.
- You should moisturize your skin and choose an oil that’s suitable for it.
- Make use of your fingers to apply pressure in a circular motion on your face. If your skin is oily, sensitive, or acne-prone, then you should stick to light pressure.
- Use skincare gadgets such as a jade roller or a metal roller for massaging if you’re comfortable using them.
Here Is An Important Step-to-Step Facial Massage Guide.
- Step 1: Massaging Your Forehead
Put your knuckle on the area between your eyebrows. Then move it upwards towards your hairline. Do this five times repeatedly!
- Step 2: Massaging Your Eye Area
Make use of your ring finger to apply soft pressure in a rolling manner. Ensure you are gentle with the skin around your eyes region. Do this five times.
- Step 3: Massaging Your Cheeks
Place your knuckles on your cheeks close to your nose bridge. Then swipe across your cheeks, in the direction of your ears. Do this five times!
- Step 4: Massaging Your Mouth Area
Make use of your index and middle finger to make a ‘V’ shape. Then position your fingers in a manner that allows your index finger to be above the upper lip and your middle finger to be beneath the lower lip. Next, gently press and pull towards the direction of your ears.
- Step 5: Massaging Your Chin
Rest your palms below your cheekbones. Then massage towards the direction of your hair.
- Step 6: Massaging Your Neck
Complete your facial Massage routine by massaging your neck. Apply pressure and soft strokes vertically from your collarbone to your face. (That’s in an upward direction)
How To Massage Your Face To Relieve Sinus Pressure
Four pairs of sinuses are found in the human body. And each one is named after the bones they’re found. If you have issues with your sinuses, you can massage the affected sinuses or all four other sinus areas.
Mentioned below are ways you can Massage your face to relieve sinus pressure:
- Frontal Sinus Massage
Right above each eye, in the center of your forehead, is where you can find the frontal sinuses.
- Begin the massage routine by rubbing your hands together to have them warmed up
- Then put your middle and index finger on either side of your forehead, right above your eyebrows.
- Now start to massage this area gently and in circles, working your way outwards, in the direction of the temples.
- Let this process last for about 30 seconds.
- Maxillary Sinus Massage
The maxillary sinuses are the biggest of the four sinuses. You can find it on either side of your nose, above the teeth, but below the cheeks.
- Put your middle and index fingers on the area between the upper jaw and cheekbones. This can be on either side of your nose.
- Then Massage the area in circles for about 30 seconds.
- Instead of your index fingers, you can use your thumbs to apply firmer pressure.
- Sphenoid/Ethmoid Sinus Massage
On the side of the skull in the sphenoid bone, that’s where you found the sphenoid sinuses. It’s located between your eyes and behind your nose, just beneath the pituitary gland.
While the ethmoid sinuses are found in the ethmoid bone, which separates the brain and nasal cavity.
The tips mentioned below will address both the sphenoid/ ethmoid sinuses.
- Put your index fingers on your nose bridge.
- Then try to locate the area between the corner of your eyes and nasal bone
- Use your fingers to apply firm pressure in that area for about 15 seconds.
- Then, stroke downward along the area of the bridge of your nose with your index finger and repeat for about 30 seconds.
It’s best to repeat all of these massages many times until you feel relieved from sinus congestion. Also, I recommend you combine sinus massage with other home remedy options like steam inhalation or warm compresses. This will help relieve your sinuses faster.
4 Types Of Face Massage
Below are the four types of facial Massage:
#1. Lymphatic Drainage Facial Massage
Lymph is a fluid that helps to remove waste and toxins from your body. It consists of protein, water, and salts. This Massage can help to drain accumulated lymph in the body. If you want to rejuvenate your skin with a deep cleanser, then this technique is for you.
#2. Shiatsu Or Finger-Pressure Facial Massage
Shiatsu or finger-pressure facial massage utilizes acupressure applied to some areas of the face known as energy channels. To practice, this Chinese technique, special devices, fingers, palms are required to reduce wrinkles on the face and tone muscles.
#3. Classic Facial Massage
Beauticians across the world commonly use this technique. It includes movements such as tapping, stroking, pinching, and kneading. Classic facial Massage boosts collagen production and makes your skin feel relaxed.
#4. Kobido Facial Massage
Kobido is the oldest type of facial Massage. Furthermore, it means “ancient way of beauty.” This facial Massage incorporates 47 techniques to massage 16 facial muscles. Kobido offers deep relaxation and also helps to relieve facial pains.
8 Benefits Of Facial Massage
Mentioned below are eight benefits you can enjoy from getting a facial massage:
1. Improves Blood Circulation
2. Facial rejuvenation
3. Reduces Stress
4. Flushes Out Toxins
5. Anti-Aging Benefits
6. Improves skin appearance
7. Manage scar tissue.
8. Relieve facial tensions
Frequently Asked Questions
Is it bad to massage your face?
No, it’s not bad to massage your face. Besides, facial Massage rejuvenates your facial muscles and makes you feel relaxed.
Is it good to massage your face every day?
Massaging your face gently daily for about 5-10 minutes is good. Nevertheless, skin experts advise face massages at home 2-3 times a week.
Can face massages reduce face fat?
Yes, facial massage can help you to reduce a considerable amount of fat from your face.
In conclusion, how often you massage your face differs from one person to another. Nevertheless, facial massage comes with many benefits, and it’s something that I suggest you try by following the tips mentioned in this article.
Disclaimer:The information contained in this article is a result of in-depth research on the subject matter. This article is only for informational and educational purposes, and it’s not intended as medical or health advice. Hence, I suggest you always ensure to seek the opinion of your doctor or other qualified health personnel regarding any questions that relate to health objectives or medical conditions.