Is A Massage Gun Good For Back Pain? (Answer & Recommendation)
Do some simple research to find out how back pain is prevalent in today’s generation. You will find that this problem is primarily due to our unhealthy habits or lifestyle.
The information on this post should not be taken as medical advice. However, it has been carefully vetted for correctness.
Is A Massage Gun Good For Back Pain?
Yes, massage guns can help with back pain. The majority of back pain is caused by a problem with the muscles in your back. Research shows that massage guns deliver percussive therapy beneficial to these muscles.
Also Read:How To Use A Massage Gun On The Upper Back (Explained)
What Is A Back Pain
Back pain is a form of discomfort or paralysis caused by an injury or other ailment of the back, which runs from the shoulders to the hips.
Back pain is a common problem and a primary cause of disability worldwide.
Fortunately, you may make efforts to prevent or lessen back pain in most cases. Basic home treatment like using a massage gun and proper body mechanics will often fix your back and keep it functional after only a few weeks.
Massage Gun For Back Pain (My recommendation)
We have different massage guns and theragun brands available in the market today. But, unfortunately, some are very expensive to purchase.
Furthermore, others are cheap but may not have specific features that make a massage gun much more effective and user-friendly.
That’s why I recommend the Opove M3 Pro Massage Gun to help with your back pains
The Opove M3 Pro is budget-friendly, easy to use, and effectively alleviates pains around your back.
This device also has a good battery life, sleek design, and features that you will usually find on other high-end and expensive recovery tools like the theragun.
Click here to read the Opove M3 Pro Massage Gun review if you wish to get further information about the product.
Also Read:Is It Good To Massage Your Own back (Answered)
Best Massage Gun Attachments Head For Back Pains
There are a variety of massage gun heads to pick from, each with its target muscle(s) and method of operation.
The following are the best massage gun heads for back pain:
- Fork Attachment Heads: This is a standard attachment for practically all massage guns. It can be used on larger muscular groups, including quads, hamstrings, and glutes, because it covers more painful muscle areas than other attachments.
- Bullet Head Attachment: A pointed head attachment might be handy when dealing with an excruciating area. If you want to get rid of muscular knots, you’ll need this. As long as you keep them far from your spine, these attachments are perfect for leg and back muscles.
- Flat Head Attachment: Flathead massage gun attachments are ideal for targeting your lower back’s massive muscles. Start with a low setting and work your way up to a higher one because the massage will be firm. It’s also a great head to use before and after activities to reduce tightness and prevent injuries.
- Round Head Ball Attachment: There are two types of round ball head attachments; big and tiny. While the larger one is better for bigger muscles, the smaller one is better for soft tissue massage.
Using The Massage Gun (3 Precaution Tips)
Adhere to the following precautions when using the massage gun:
- The Bones, Joints, And Nerves Should Be Avoided
Avoid using the massage gun on bones, joints, and nerve-dense regions like the spine, knees, and elbows to avoid nerve and bone injury.
- Massage The Afflicted Area Only When Necessary
If the muscle exhibits evident tingling, it may be inflamed or wounded; please do not use the massage gun if you have an open wound on your body to avoid serious injury. Because the impact of the fascia massage gun is to help release tight muscles, not to cure muscle tissue that has been harmed, it is suggested that you seek the advice of a professional doctor.
- Neck And Spine Should Be Avoided
Nerves and blood vessels abound throughout the spine and neck. A person’s neck, for example, contains two carotid and two vertebral arteries. To avoid vascular injury caused by the massage gun, aim to avoid these four blood vessels during massaging.
Using your massage gun on these areas can result in arterial dissection, cardiovascular congestion, and even stroke symptoms. In a nutshell, avoid massaging your spine or neck with the massage gun.
Also Read:Can A Massage Gun Help With Weight Loss? (Explained)
Things To Consider Before Buying A Massage Gun For Back Pain
When shopping for a massage gun to treat your back discomfort, consider the following things:
The length of the handle must be considered in this case. The lower back is the site of the most well-known back ailments. You want a massage gun that you can use on your back pleasantly.
We also recognize that certain people (particularly the elderly and those with huge bodies) may find it challenging to utilize a massage gun on their backs. As a result, we don’t think typical T-shaped massage guns are appropriate for back pain.
Those are no longer the only options. We’ve seen businesses change the design of a massage gun in the last two years. Such innovative designs make your back massage more convenient.
The massage gun should be capable of massaging all body parts, including major muscle groups. You would most likely not require that much force to relieve your back discomfort. But then, you need a device that comes with a powerful battery to help it last long after charging.
Symptoms Of Back Pains
The following are examples of back pain symptoms:
- Pain that persists or returns after utilizing home remedies such as ice, over-the-counter medicines, massage, or physical therapy
- Tightness or stiffness regularly, especially after lying, sitting, or standing for long.
- Sleep difficulties
- Weakness in the lower body (numbness or tingling in one or both legs)
Causes of Back pains
Back pain can be due to several reasons; these include:
- Muscles strain
- Disk bulging or rupture
- structural issues
- Tremors in the spine
- Inflammatory diseases
- cauda equina syndrome
When to See A Doctor
You should see your healthcare provider:
- After roughly a week of at-home care, the pain does not improve.
- You experience tingling, numbness, weakness, or discomfort in your buttocks or legs.
- You feel severe pain or muscle spasms that prevent you from doing what you usually do.
- Fever, weight loss, bowel or bladder issues.
Some Tips To Prevent Back Pains
Back discomfort is very prevalent and can be caused by various commonplace activities.
Nevertheless, the tips below can help you avoid back discomfort and safeguard your spine.
- Maintain a healthy posture.
- Eat healthily.
- Exercise regularly
- Stop smoking.
- Sleep in a sideways position
Also Read:Are Massage Guns Good For Achilles Tendonitis (Answered)
Massage guns can help relieve back pain and tightness. These guns can be pretty beneficial for muscle problems, even though there are various causes of back discomfort.
Lastly, we recommend you speak with your doctor to determine the source of your discomfort before using the massage gun.
Disclaimer: The information contained in this article is a result of in-depth research on the subject matter. This article is only for informational and educational purposes, and it’s not intended as medical or health advice. Hence, I suggest you always ensure to seek the opinion of your doctor or other qualified health personnel regarding any questions that relate to health objectives or medical conditions.