Can I Use A Massage Gun While Pregnant (Answered)
Pregnancy massage is a tried-and-true method of relieving pregnant women of the discomfort and worries that frequently accompany pregnancy. This could explain why DIY massage guns are becoming increasingly popular among pregnant women.
- So Is It Safe To Use A Massage Gun While Pregnant?
- How To Use A Massage Gun For Prenatal Massages
- What To Consider When Buying a Massage Gun While Pregnant
- Massage Areas to Avoid During Pregnancy
- Consequences of Using A Massage Gun While Pregnant?
- Symptoms Of Pregnancy
- Massage Gun For Pregnancy (My recommendation)
- Final Words
So Is It Safe To Use A Massage Gun While Pregnant?
Yes, it’s safe to use a massage gun while pregnant. Massage therapy can affect you or your baby as a change in food, physical exercise, or medicine. Again, before getting a massage, especially during the first trimester, consult your doctor.
How To Use A Massage Gun For Prenatal Massages
Massage guns that are cordless and battery-powered are practical and simple to use. You can use them independently or have someone help you.
By strictly implementing the guidelines below, you can enjoy the massage in the designated body areas:
- Slowly, steadily, and gently move the device forward.
- Allow enough time for the massage gun to work in one region before going on to the next, but don’t leave it on for too long.
- Don’t overwork any part of your body.
- Remove the massage gun from any location where you are experiencing pain or edema.
- Avoid using the massage gun on bony areas, joints, or nerves.
What To Consider When Buying a Massage Gun While Pregnant
These elements influence your usage, but many of them also affect the massage gun’s final purchase. Among them are:
- Amplitude: The amplitude of a massage gun describes how far the massage head moves, oscillates, and vibrates. Massage pistols with a large head are more likely to move deeper. Massage guns with an increasing amplitude are required for deep percussion treatments. Massage is very particular, and different forms of massages appeal to different people. Deep massages are preferred by some people, while others prefer light massages.
- Weight: Because you will be using the massage pistol for an extended time, it is vital to consider the weight while choosing one. Before choosing the best massage gun for your needs, evaluate various models. A portable and tiny massage gun is easy to take with you, whichever place you decide to go.
- Battery life: If you’re looking for a wireless massage gun, be sure the battery is of excellent quality and can last several hours without recharging. Because they will be creating a large customer base during the day, massage therapists will require a handgun with longer battery life. Consider investing in a massage gun with 60-minute battery life.
- Price: More than anything else, the cost is a vital factor before purchasing a good massage gun. As a result, you should have a firm grasp of your budget before diving into features.
- Attachments: Attachments are often overlooked, but they can drastically alter your massage experience. As a result, the more attachments you have, the better your therapy will be. Almost every decent massage gun will come with at least four attachments.
Massage Areas to Avoid During Pregnancy
When massaging a pregnant woman, some places should be avoided. Massage in these regions is ineffective, but it can also be hazardous to you and your baby.
If your doctor has cleared you to receive conventional or hand massage, avoid the following areas:
- Belly: A pregnant woman’s tummy and surrounding areas should not be massaged by untrained hands. This could harm both the mother and the baby. Anti-stretch mark lotions can be applied softly but avoid exerting any pressure on the affected area.
- Legs: Due to the increased blood volume caused by pregnancy, pregnant women are more likely to develop Deep Vein Thrombosis. Applying deep tissue massage to the legs could rupture a clot, putting your health in danger.
- Points of Tension: It’s best to avoid massaging pressure spots in your wrists, ankles, or even between your fingers, as they’re thought to create bodily contractions.
Consequences of Using A Massage Gun While Pregnant?
According to a thorough review of various publications on the effects of massage during pregnancy, Massage-related difficulties are uncommon in uncomplicated pregnancies.
According to most studies, massage therapy should be avoided during the first trimester of pregnancy. This is because the risk of stillbirth has increased throughout these three months. Massage can also improve blood flow, which may affect the fetus.
Overall, percussion weapons are safe if you take all of the necessary measures and follow all instructions.
If you’re unsure about your ability to use a massage gun, consult a massage professional. There’s no need to pass up the chance to minimize pregnancy stress, worry, and depression if everything is in place.
Symptoms Of Pregnancy
Do you think you’re pregnant? A pregnancy test is perhaps one way to be sure. However, there are early signs of pregnancy that could indicate the likelihood. These include;
- Morning sickness( Nausea)
- Urination is frequent.
- Disorientation and fainting
- Breast modifications
- Strange appetites, tastes, and odors
- Increased body temperature
- Mucus changes in the cervical cavity
Also Read: Deep Tissue Massage For Pregnancy: Helpful Tips & Benefits
Massage Gun For Pregnancy (My recommendation)
We have different percussion massage guns and theragun brands available in the market today. But unfortunately, some are very expensive to purchase.
Furthermore, others are cheap but may not have specific features that make a percussion massage gun more effective and user-friendly.
I recommend the Opove M3 Pro Massage Gun to help because it’s budget-friendly, easy to use, and effectively alleviates pains around your muscles.
This device also has a good battery life, a sleek design, and features that you will usually find on other high-end and expensive recovery tools like the theragun.
Click here to read the Opove M3 Pro Massage Gun review to get further information about the product.
Pregnancy, undoubtedly a woman’s most remarkable phase, is laden with anxiety, anguish, and suffering. A massage is an excellent tool for relaxing and enjoying this experience.
A massage gun can be highly beneficial throughout pregnancy when used correctly and with extreme caution. However, we strongly encourage you to consult with your doctor before making any decisions.
Avoid applying too much pressure to the massage region for added safety. Stop the treatment immediately if you feel any pain or discomfort. In the case of a hand massage, choosing a professional pregnant massage therapist unlocks the full potential of the process.
Disclaimer: The information contained in this article is a result of in-depth research on the subject matter. This article is only for informational and educational purposes, and it’s not intended as medical or health advice. Hence, I suggest you always ensure to seek the opinion of your doctor or other qualified health personnel regarding any questions that relate to health objectives or medical conditions.